Call a Tax Attorney for Help with IRS Problems

A tax attorney can help you when you’re having problems with the IRS. If you haven’t filed taxes for a year or more because you were taking a stance against the IRS, or you simply lacked the financial inability to pay your taxes, you are probably in trouble with the government. You may be in even more severe trouble with the IRS if you are under criminal investigation for tax evasion or tax fraud. Regardless of the root cause of your tax problem Wage garnishment, it is probably pretty clear to you that you need the assistance of a tax attorney to help you through it.

Remember, Al Capone, one of the most famous mafia leaders of his time, was not convicted for any of the murders he committed or ordered committed or even for any of his criminal activity. Al Capone was convicted on tax fraud.

So, you definitely don’t want to be joining the ranks of Capone by underestimating the power of the Internal Revenue Service when it comes to getting their tax money.

There are several different ways the IRS can come after you if you have not been paying your taxes, including garnishing your wages or seizing your property. No one is exempt from this, regardless of your income level; and frankly, the IRS doesn’t really care if you can afford to have your wages garnished or not. As long as they follow protocol, they are allowed to garnish a certain percentage of your wages and income.

If your wages are being garnished, you probably had some notice from the government forewarning you. The first step the IRS has to take before they can undertake a garnishment is to send you a notice and demand payment. A final notice follows this 30 days before the garnishment starts. If the IRS is unable to locate a current mailing address, you may be served in person if possible at your job, or you may find your wages garnished without any notice given. If you have been served a notice it’s not a good idea to ignore it, but it is a good idea to get the tax attorney to help you work out a payment plan or contest the past-due taxes with the IRS.

A tax attorney can do several things to help you get your problems under control, including working out a payment plan with the government to minimize late fees and fines that can be lumped on top of the original sum.

If you find yourself in need of a tax attorney, start by finding a qualified attorney who specializes in tax law. At the very minimum, your attorney should have his Juris Doctor. It’s preferable to have an attorney who also has advanced training in tax law and a background in accounting.

With a qualified attorney at your side you should be able to work effectively to resolve your past-due tax problem.

Leave a Comment