You are thinking of creating your own clothing brand. Very good idea. You only need common sense, good taste and avoid excesses, both optimism and pessimism personalized couple t shirts.
Let me contribute with a few suggestions. Not all will serve you, but surely some will.
- Study the market. And he spends a lot of time on this. Analyze who is going to be your target market and who will be your competitors. Read and absorb all the information you can. Thanks to the Internet today is at your reach at no cost. And do not worry if you are not able to retain so much information, if you only get 25% of what there is, you already have 25% more than you had before.
- If you are not a designer, but you have ideas, look for an independent designer. A good professional designer should be to capture your ideas and materialize them in sketches and designs. In addition to looking at your work or what it costs you, keep in mind their ability to communicate with you, to capture your ideas.
- Concentrate on “make branding” , branding. The longevity of a brand is based on the loyalty of its customers. Not everything is to get a good design, but to link the brand to a style and stay in it best friends t shirts online.
- If you are going to outsource the production, when you look for a manufacturer or serigraphist, be honest and realistic with it. Make sure you have an idea and that you know what to do with it before contacting them.
- Many starting brands launch just a couple of designs to start, usually by limiting the risk. Put yourself in the place of your clients and immediately you will realize that this is too little, does not generate enthusiasm or confidence. With the new techniques of digital printing (t-shirt printers, sublimation,), you can present many designs with a minimum investment.
- Reinvest . Both in designs and in stocks. The time to collect will come, for the time being you have to sow.
- Be patient. Consolidate a mark requires it, and in large doses. If you can, take care of other projects while that happens.
- Make a marketing plan. Do not go thinking that with good designs the clients will find you. It is exactly the other way around: you are the one who has to put the means to reach the consumer. Put the brand in front of their noses again and again, and do not stop having patience. Another important thing: talk, talk and talk about it in all the spaces you can: forums, blogs, networks, only by doing so will you help to awaken interest in her.
- Do not obsess about making money. It is the ultimate goal; nobody discusses it, but not the middle. Concentrate on promoting the brand, doing the homework well.
- Try to enjoy the most with your work. For that, you must be able to identify with your brand; otherwise it will be very difficult to make it credible. And it will be difficult for you to interpret the role that corresponds to you. It must be something you would wear, and with pride.
- Do not copy. Okay, okay, we’re all “influenced” by other designers … besides, it’s assumed that almost nothing is 100% original (whether intentional or not) … but do not go over with the use of those licenses.
- Do not get overwhelmed. For example, if you can not include in the initial collection some patterned straps that you like … if you do not arrive in time to launch a custom packaging … well, DO NOT do it! 2 good reasons? If you want to compete with the capacity of work of large companies, you will break. In addition, you must reserve, dose: in the construction of a brand, the constancy is more than abundance.
- Attend clothing and fabric fairs. Visit both the big brands and the small independents. You will see the new trends, you will take inspiration.
- The hardest part of creating a clothing line is to achieve the recognition of the largest clothing chains, if you want to get this way of selling. Buyers only think about finding things that sell well. Therefore, do not forget that those who have the final say on whether your products should reach the stores are the buyers.
- be realistic about the sales channel that best suits you. Or for which you are really trained. For example, have you thought about what would happen if a buyer of a large chain asks for 1,000 units per store?
- Protect yourself. Register and patent what you can. It is impossible for everything, but be selective and do it. To sell you have to teach. And that implies that some will copy you. It is not fair, but assumes it as inevitable from now on. If you leave evidence that you did it first (in a blog, a specialized magazine,), it could even be an aid for the diffusion of your brand.
- Growing too fast may not be as big a luck as it seems. You can die of success if you are not able to adjust the demand to what we are capable of serving, within the agreed deadlines. Learn to renounce orders; it is better than accepting them and not serving them.
- Go ahead as much as you can: do not design for this season, that’s already in the racks. Always think of 6 months on, that is what is planned now. Visit the buyers now with those collections.